One of the most recent frontiers for medical scribes is with the hospitalist. Although relatively new, it is our opinion that all major hospitalist programs will have scribes in the next 5-10 years, dramatically improving the quality of documentation, MD time spent with patients, and increased volume of patients per physician.
Hospitalist scribe services are highly specialized and certainly not all medical scribes and medical scribe companies are capable of providing hospitalist scribe services.
MedicalScribeInformation.com recommends Clinical Scribes LLC for hospitalist scribe services. They are able to provide services anywhere in the country and have made hospitalist coverage their primary focus with mutiple publications on this specific niche. Our view on the major benefits of using this hospitalist scribe company versus other, non-specific companies: 1) they provide an MD (their medical director) on site for training and institution of the program. 2) They provide a comprehensive review of templates and the EMR used for each individual hospitalist and group. 3) They have an extensive battery of hospitalist-specific templates and are familiar with hospital flow and procedures.
4) Multiple advisors for this company are hospitalists themselves. 5) They focus on provided increased billing through increasing CMI and diagnosis capture and by decreasing length of stay. 6) They have experience navigating funding agreements between hospitalist groups and their respective hospitals.
Hospitalist Groups Seeking Scribe Providers
Hospitalists or hospitalist groups interested in hospitalist scribes for their clinic should visit the state-specific links below for local hospitalist scribe providers:
District of Columbia
- Overview of Medical Scribes
- How to Become a Medical Scribe
- Medical Scribe Information for Physicians and Other Providers
- Medical Scribe Jobs
- Minnesota Medical Scribe Information
- Illinois Medical Scribe Information
- Medical Scribe News Links
- PreMed Student Medical Scribes
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Site Feedback and Support
- Products and Services
- Virtual Medical Scribes
- Hospitalist Scribes
- Dermatology Scribes
- Site Map